Bluerock News & Views
- The Retail Distribution Review has been an "absolute disaster" as it did not achieve the objectives outlined in 2006, the Centre for Policy Studies has said. Click here for more details
- The effects of the annuity bomshell is rippling through the FS world, with a dramatic drop in share price for many providers being an immediate result. In the longer term it remains to be seen whether this will be the catalyst for the industry to up its game in terms of competative products, or will we see a massive drain of funds into alternative investments such as the buy to let market?
- 2014 continues to be a very exciting year for Bluerock. We have grown our consulting team with the addition of six Junior Consultants - Danielle Amodio, Emmi Tiitta, Jordan Rothman, Lana Stevanovic, Nick Merritt, and Sana Meerza. These new consultants bring a varied background of skills and expertise ideally suited to the Financial Services market. Our new consultant hires mark the start of further plans to extend the consulting team throughout 2014.
- Bluerock is hiring! We are recruiting management consultants across all levels, from Graduate to Director grade within the Retail Banking sector. If you think you could be a good fit for a dynamic and innovative Financial Services consultancy, please read our job specifications here and send your CV and a covering letter to: [email protected]
- Bluerock are delighted to congratulate Bluerock Consulting alumni, Michelle Cracknell on her appointment as CEO of TPAS. Read more on this exciting news here.
- Bluerock Consulting are delighted to announce the appointment of James Curzon as Director of Retail Banking. To read more, click here.
- Bluerock Consulting is pleased to announce its sponsorship of Finovate Europe 2014. Bluerock has been the exclusive management consultancy sponsor of the event since Finovate came to London in 2011. The 2013 show, held last February, was extended to a 2-day format for the first time and it attracted some 740 attendees. Click here to read more.
- Over 1,200 people attended to see 72 presentations making Finovate Spring in San Francisco, making this the biggest event yet. Bluerock is updating its database of personal finance technology innovators from around the world! Click here to read more.
- Hargreaves Lansdown has achieved record levels of assets under administration after attracting £4.7bn of new money in the three months to April. Click here to read more.
- The FCA has announced April 29 as the date when the much anticipated platform paper is to be released. Click here to see the coverage on FT Adviser.
- Finovate Europe 2013, it was double the size but were there twice as many new ideas? Finovate Europe celebrated its third year in London with double the number of exhibitors and over 700 attendees at Old Billingsgate Hall. Click here for the our report of the show
- Bluerock appoints Andrew Shiels as Partner to develop the Risk Management & Regulatory Risk Practice. Andrew joins from avantage Reply Ltd and has in excess of 20 years experience in financial services. Find out more here.
- Bluerock launch their new Model Programme Delivery service designed to offer access to the combined resources and collateral of Bluerock and BEE Group. This new player in the UK Financial Services transformation sector has a successful track record in the UK and Europe and will leverage its 1,000 plus skilled resources to help clients deliver their ambitions.To read more, please click here.
Selling Financial Products on the Web - Accept the Uncomfortable to Make it Work
Despite its near universal adoption as a source of information and product purchase for the majority of Financial Services companies the promise of the web has gone unfulfilled. Why is this and what can be done to address it? Click here to read Paul Martin's creative approach to answering these questions.
How will your clients learn what RDR means?
The recent spat about the role of the Money Advice Service and the regulator in educating the public about RDR has highlighted a potential hole at the heart of RDR launch. Organisations are in danger of spending 3 plus years agonising over the impact of RDR whilst omitting to help advisers take their clients on the journey. Unlike some government bodies we think more than a leaflet is required, Michelle Cracknell provides a guide to addressing this critical task. Read more here.
A Joined up World Demands Joined up Financial Crime Prevention
Financial crime makes big headlines both inside and outside the business pages. With all financial organisations anxious to ensure clarity and transparency in their monitoring and detection the y are often hampered by history. Steve Keohane examines the current challenges in this arena and offers hope for resolution. Click here for more.
Bluerock partnering with MoneyMate. Click here to find out more.
For more details on the recently launched holistic planning tool from Royal London, find out more here...
Bluerock partner and mobile platform provier Kony Solutions receives two SUPERSTAR awards and one Rising Star:"
The KonyOne platform won the SUPERSTAR award in the category "Enterprise Software: Middleware" developed on Kony's "Write Once, Run Everywhere" platform, the GEICO Glovebox won a SUPERSTAR award int he "Success Story: Banking or Insurance" category.
The KonyOne platform also won the Rising Star award int eh "Enterprise Software: Application Development" category".
Bluerock Consulting helps Poste Italiane to prestigious European awards win. Click here to find out more.
Bluerock has won the Innovation category at the 2011 Management Consultancies Association annual awards. Read more here.